Sophie Pyle is going back to school – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – this month and her friends are sending her off with a ‘Back-to-School Bash’ at the Park at Fourteenth this Friday, January 9. Before Sophie heads off to school, I asked her to give me her must-haves for looking chic on campus, especially on a college student’s budget.
5. Ulta eyeshadow in Ice Queen It’s a shade of white with a lot of sparkle. A touch of it on the inner corner of the eyes makes mine pop, great for night or day.
4. Rainbow Flip Flops It’s going to be springtime soon and everyone in Chapel Hill will be donning these on their way to class.
3. OPI topcoat It keeps me from biting my nails during the most difficult exams.
2. The Skinceuticals skincare line It’s sold at the Erwin Gomez salon in Georgetown. It is the first line of skin products that keeps my skin clear and doesn’t dry it out. I use their Daily Moisturizer, Gentle Cleanser, and Equalizing Toner as a part of my daily routine.
1. Lots of light blue and white war paint, temporary hair color, and heel temporary tattoos stashed away in a cabinet for when my Tarheels win the NCAAs this March!
Glamazon Diaries is a style and travel site founded in 2007 to inspire the modern woman, with a feminine and adventurous point of view.
As a tastemaker and body positive advocate, Makeda shows her readers of all shapes and sizes how to dress for their shape without breaking the bank. She combines luxury and high street brands into every looks to make style accessible to all.
Bundling up for fall doesn't mean hiding our outfits and it need not be boring either. Peruse some of my favorite looks I've styled for inspiration to zhuzh up your wardrobe.
Sophie’s going to have lot of leftover blue paint if the Tarheels don’t practice their free throws and improve from the performance they gave against Boston College.
I love ulta!
no kidding. ulta rocks. so do the heels.
sophie is so cute, great picture, where is that sweater from?
Who’s Sophie Pyle?
a friend recommended this site for fashion tips but i do have to say that the whole "glamour icon" thing is a bit hackneyed. last i checked classic city style wasn't defined by college sports, flip flops, or thinly disguised skincare promotions.