Barbecue season is upon us y’all and it’s time to elevate outdoor and indoor grilling with some summer favorites. As a Southern girl, ribs have been a barbecue staple in my family for decades. There’s something about that slow roasting and basting of decadent spare ribs with sauce and allowing them to gently cook on an open flame.
The art of spare rib making can seem daunting and drawn out but I have a sure-fire recipe to wow your guests and their taste buds. Introducing the Sticky Honey Garlic Oven Baked Spare Ribs, a recipe so easy, you’ll want to make it every weekend.
These ribs are made for city dwellers with no access to a backyard grill. It takes just a little over an hour and a half to make them from start to finish with ingredients you already have in your pantry.
Sticky Honey Garlic Oven Baked Spare Ribs
MAKES 2 LBS SPARE RIBS PREP TIME: 20 MIN COOK TIME: 1.5 HOURS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 50 MINUTES
- 2 lbs of spare ribs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Cut spare ribs into individual pieces
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic. Whisk until ingredients are fully dissolved. Then add cornstarch and stir until fully mixed. Transfer ribs to the bowl or ziplock bag and take to coat with sauce.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and arrange ribs on the sheet. Pour excess sauce over the meat.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, turning every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with a side of sweet potato steak fries (recipe coming soon)