I have been dabbling in more cocktail making at home because well, it’s so much cheaper to buy my own ingredients and have fun making drinks for myself and friends. To kick off the July Fourth Weekend, I went to the cutest shop in the West Village called The Meadow. This little shop sells artisan chocolates, a variety of bitters, infused salts and syrups as well as flowers. I went in there for rose water and left with a few more items. I had tequila and pisco at home so I decided to experiment with my rose water and rose water syrups with my favorite margarita recipe.
Here is the recipe my roommate Erin and I tried and perfected over the course of a Thursday evening.
- 2 shots Hornitos Tequila (fee free to substitute your favorite tequila)
- 1 Lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 oz of Triple Sec (get fancy with Gran Marnier)
- 1 teaspoon Rose Water
- 2 teaspoons Rose Simple Syrup
- Thinly sliced limes
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, rose simple syrip and rose water. Shake well.
- Strain into prepared glasses.
- Garnish drinks with a lime slice.