This season, The Blonds drew inspiration from their favorite in art, animation and pop culture. Specifically referencing Tweety, Marilyn Monroe, Marie Antoinette, Madonna and Jane Fonda. The Blonds found inspiration in “The Original Blonde,” Tweety Bird.
He is definitely a “Blond” with his unpredictable sense of humor and big blue eyes full of mystique framed by those signature fabulous eyelashes. Tweety’s vibrant colors and fun personality embody the feelings for the season.
The hair is the main accessory this season, which was inspired by Tweety’s head and Marie Antoinettes high hair, that sometimes featured live birds. CATWALK® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin took us through a step-by-step on how to achieve the look.
Step by step guide to achieving The Blonds hair for Spring 2014
- Prep hair with CATWALK® iron to ensure a smooth, sleek finish Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray and flat by TIGI®
- Tightly pull hair into a ponytail at the crown, securing with an elastic while setting with CATWALK® shine and CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray for a lacquered by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray for hold
- Next, style the ponytail three-plait braid and tightly twist into a bun, securing with pins
- Then, carefully place the head piece over the bun and secure with pins, setting the final look with additional CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
- Lastly, spray the sides of the head with CATWALK® Weightless Shine Spray so the sides of the head have the same hi-shine finish as the head piece
- Top off with Vulcan ears headband.
The finished look!
Photos by Makeda Saggau-Sackey