The Kitten Lounge’s Kimmie Smith invited a small group of taste makers to Polished Beauty Baron the Upper West Side for the launch of her Kimmie’s Gimmies series. The theme: Spring Break! Ms. Smith gave us the lowdown on her must-have beauty and accessory items for Spring Break. Of course it wouldn’t be spring break without manicures, compliments of Polished Beauty Bar, which houses an impressive array of organic polishes from Creative Nail Design and Zoya. The chic nail and beauty salon caters to an impressive A-list clientele that owners Micki and Susan Nam keep on the hush. We love that they use brand new tools for each client, which mean no cross contamination. Cleanliness is one of Polished BB’s mantras and its top-on-the-line amenities prove it. Guest will experienced the Polished Beauty Bar difference, which includes:
- certified air purification system
- Klenz shoe sanitizer
- medical-grade autoclaved (sanitized) tools
- bacteria-resistant pedicure stations
- widest selection of Zoya triple-free, non-toxic polish
- organic manis/pedis powered by Pharmacopia
After manicures, Kimmie gave us the rundown of her top picks for Spring Break 2011. What are Kimmie’s picks for Spring Break?
- Creative Nail Design‘s new Jason Wu nail polish collaboration in wearable colors that will flatter a variety of skin tones.
- Zoya organic nail polish in bold colors and the “good for your nails” polish remover
- It’s important to smell good on the beach or while lounging poolside. Kimmie’s fragrance covets for Spring Break incldes Fragrance by Natori, Queen Latifah and Jessica Simpson.
- Gabriel Organics Sea Mineral Hydra Mist to refresh tired and dry skin throughout the day.
- Skagen Denmark watch with a colorful wrist strap to add a pop of color to any wardrobe.
- Monet Jewelry in turquoise and silver add that,
- Batiste Hair Dry Shampoo for clean hair while on the go.
- A bevy of organic and yummy smelling products from Lush Cosmetics, which included the Comforter Bubble Bar for a relaxing bubble bath after a long day at the beach; Sexy Peel soap, a lemon and grapefruit scented soap to revitalize the body; The Big Tease for a nice hold and volume before heading to the pool; Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter to keep unruly cuticles at bay; Silky Underwear Dusting Powder, an intoxicating jasmine scented powder that has many uses, including sprinkling on body, sheets for some and clothes.
- Amala Handbag Essentials a mini hydrating hand cream, mini rejuvenating hand cream and a soothing lip salve, all packed in a super cute case that fits in almost any handbag or clutch for use on the go.