Compensation was provided by Target via Mode
Spring is here, which means it’s time to reboot my skin care and makeup routine to include lighter products. One of the most important parts of my morning work routine is creating the “no makeup, makeup” look. After all, one must never look like she’s going to the club at 8am in the morning. I work in a newsroom so I try to keep my makeup and outfits conservative but still trendy. Recently, Target launched a beauty box, which contains carefully curated collection of beauty products to simplify any routine.
The box, which retails for $7, comes with five essential products, Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color, L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream, TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray and the SheaMoisture Renewal System Shampoo.
All of these products fit into my daily beauty routine nicely and I wanted to give you an overview of how I get ready for work in the morning.
So without further ado, here I go!
- I always start with freshly cleansed skin, which I moisturized with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream.
- Apply foundation using a makeup brush. I love makeup foundations with SPF in the formula. I am currently using the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24HR with Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 15.
- Set the foundation with a loose powder. My current go-to is the MAC Cosmetics Loose Powder.
- Use a spoolie brush to comb out eyebrows then use the other end of the brush to fill in brows with a brow powder or gel. I am currently using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade.
- Gently sweep on a bronzer or highlighter on the cheeks for a subtle glow. I used the MAC Cosmetics ‘Mineralize’ Skinfinish in Gold Deposit.
- Keep work makeup understated with a neutral eye shadow palette of your choice. I used the Lorac Cosmetics Pro Palette.
- Add some dimension to the eyes with eyeliner. I used the L’Oreal Infallible Powder Eyeliner Pen, which I love because it doesn’t create those harsh drawn-on lines.
- Add two coats of mascara of your choice to the top lashes only.
- Add a splash of color to the lips using the Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color.
- Set your makeup with the L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set so your makeup stays put all day.
- I love a no-fuss chignon for work, which is why setting my updo with the TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray on freshly washed hair using the SheaMoisture Renewal System Shampoo as well as the conditioner.
- VOILA! The work ‘no makeup, makeup look’ perfected!
Find your style @Targetstyle