When it comes to simplifying your beauty routine, a simple tweak or new product addition can do wonders for how efficient and effortless your makeup can look. With so many of us being beauty junkies, it’s often difficult to know which products to toss and which ones to include in rounding out the beauty arsenal that keeps us looking our very best. Recently Target got into the beauty box game with its very own curated collection of accessible beauty products from trusted brands.
I showed you how I added these into my routine while still keeping my look simple (read here). This post is all about how the five products from the first beauty box work overtime to transition my makeup from day to night without much of a sweat. As a refresher, the products in the box included the following:
- Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color
- L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream
- TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray
- SheaMoisture Renewal System Shampoo
How can you incorporate these products? It’s super easy! Here are five tips:
- For starters, you need to always start with moisturized skin. You never want dry skin when applying makeup. Dry skin will make your makeup products look caked on. If you have a problem with your makeup falling off your face, add lighter products like the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream, which absorbs into the skin very quickly and quenches dry skin.
- If you have dry brittle hair, it’s imperative that a hydrating shampoo is a regular part of your routine. SheaMoisture Renewal System Shampoo adds life to dull, lifeless hair. It removes build up and hydrates your strands. It’s got Marula oil and biotin in its formula for stronger, softer and more manageable hair.
- Give your style a big staying power boost with the TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray, a product trusted by hair stylists during New York Fashion Week to keep models’ hair from getting disheveled through multiple clothing changes during a runway show.
- Add a dose of color as well as hydration to your lips with the Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color, which comes in gorgeous mouthwatering colors for spring. This gloss has staying power and keeps lips hydrated despite a few rounds of coffee or champagne.
- Ditch the expensive makeup setting sprays for the L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set, which keeps makeup dewy and fresh all day long. I love the staying power in the formula and best of all, it doesn’t dry out your skin.
So there you have it! Check out the Target beauty box online at Target.com.
Find your style @Targetstyle