As I continue my Fashionably Fit journey to getting in shape and in better health, I’ve had many fitness classes on my wishlist, one of them being Core Fusion at Exhale Spa. So when GLAM Network chose me as one of its bloggers to attend a special class at the Gansevoort Hotel in the Meatpacking District courtesy of Under Armour, I was stoked.
Upon arrival at the posh spa and fitness center, we were greeted by the Under Armour and GLAM Network girls, who handed each of us the Under Armour Shatter Tote, full of workout gear, shoes and a water bottle. After changing into the very fashionable threads, we were ushered into the exercise studio to learn a bit more about the technologically AND fashion forward brand and the steps its taking to revolutionize women’s active wear while motivation them to get out and get moving and motivated.
Participating bloggers in the Under Armour ‘Back to Fit’ program were divided into different groups, with each group wearing a different design from the new collection. my group wore the Under Armour Muscle Tank, Under Armour Shatter II Capri, Armour Bra, Under Armour Spine RPM Running Shoe and the Under Armour Grippy No Show Socks. Lara from Pretty Connected and Danielle from The Style and Beauty Doctor and I stepped on the red carpet for a photo opp before our workout.
Before the workout began, the Under Armour women’s wear designers and public relations team showed as short videos of their What’s Beautiful campaign, an online program that encourages women to share their fitness journeys and receive motivation, free gear, and support from Under Armour along the way. With the mantra: No Matter What. Sweat. Every Day, getting started on the fitness journey just became communal. Each woman participating has a different goal, from getting back into pre-baby shape to getting fit after an injury, the stories are inspirational and motivating.
Before going into the Under Armour gear, I have to talk a little bit about Exhale Spa’s Core Fusion class. I can summarize the class in two words, “kick ass.” Using a combination of moves like planks, push-ups, lunches, plies and more, all utilizing the dual handle medicine ball, this class will have you sweating and burning calories in no time. It was challenging and fun. The amount of sweat from this 45-minute class is worth it, especially with the winter coming up. I can see myself attending the class three times a week to get in shape.
Now I’m no stranger to Under Armour gear. I spent a lot of money on the Cold Tech and training capris back in college and post college when I used to teach exercise classes. After breaking my fibula and tearing all the ligaments in my ankle from soccer, I became more sedentary and out of touch with sports gear. Attending this event helped get me back into the sports mentality and back into working out, by starting with baby steps.
1. My favorite thing in the Under Armour Shatter tote bag was the Armour Bra ($57.99), a must have for especially busty girls. This bra is made in cup and band sizes for the perfect fit. Each cup size is color coded and comes with a comfortable fabric on the sides to prevent over spilling. The D and DD cups sizes have extra support and will keep everything in place during high impact workouts.
The bra comes in A, B, C, D and DD size cups. What I love about the Armour Bra is that it comes with removable cups. This is a must have for any women who has had a tough time finding the right sports bra that will not create that uni-boob we all loathe so much.
2. One of my goals in my new fitness challenge is to drink more water and with the Under Armour Beyond 18 oz. Vacuum Insulated SS Bottle with Flip Top Lid ($27.99), I’ve been drinking eight bottles of water each day. The bottle is sleek and spill proof, with a handle to make it easy for carrying, whether jogging or running errands.
3. My first thought when I put on the turquoise Under Armour Muscle Tank ($29.99) was “I am going to sweat through this super thin tank during my workout.” I thought wrong. The lightweight, 4-way stretch fabric allows the tank to dry faster. I love the twist T-back style, which allows for more movement. I want one in each color because the tank is ultra comfortable and the burnout stripe pattern is very fashion forward. It’s the perfect tank to wear for aerobics or yoga and then for a quick coffee. Check out my picks for running vests here.
4. For bottoms, I was given the Under Armour Shatter II Capri pants ($49.99), with comfortable ruching on the waistband and a scalloped bottom hem. The compression fit smooths me all over and keeps my muscles warm and prevent injury. What women are going to love about this capri is the moisture-wicking HeatGear fabric and the Anti-order technology.
5. The Under Armour Spine RPM Running Shoe ($99.99) has been getting a lot of running time since acquiring them at the event. I’ve been wearing it for four and five mile walks, high impact aerobic classes and training on the elliptical. The shoe stabilizes my ankle, something I am particularly worried about because of a major ankle injury three years ago.
6. Since the Core Fusion class required us to take off our shoes, we were given Grippy II No Show Socks by Under Armour ($11.99) to wear. These cutting edge socks have a has arch support to increase circulation and reduce foot fatigue. It has ArmourBlock® to help prevent growth of odor-causing bacteria and ArmourGrip® sock technology to prevents slippage.
Under Armour keeps developing new technologies to improve women’s active wear. They listen to what women really want an use that to create collections you’ll want to wear on and off the field.
Brand Statement: Under Armour Women set out to redefine the female athlete by creating What’s Beautiful, a program that encourages women to share their fitness journeys and receive motivation, free gear, and support from Under Armour along the way.
The Under Armour What’s Beautiful community is growing by the minute and the women in the challenge are seriously bringing it. Check them out! Set your own goal. Crush it. And the 10 women with the most epic journeys will win a trip to Florida to the Under Armour Women’s Camp Sweat where you will train with the best. Learn more HERE.
Compensation was provided by Under Armour via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the me (the author) and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Under Armour.
Follow me on Instagram for more photos from the event.