Happy New Year My Loves! I feel fortunate to see a new year come to fruition and as always, I’m ready to tackle my goals and make the most of the new year. My focus for this year is simple, to stay true to my voice and work smarter in order to hit my benchmarks. Before I dive into 2023, let’s do a quick end-of-year recap, shall we?
Anthropologie has been an amazing brand partner since the beginning of 2022 and they capped off the year in style with a fabulous fete at the newly opened Grayson Hotel and its rooftop restaurant Bar Cima on New Year’s Eve. What made the event more special was the fact that we were flanked by two iconic NYC views – The Empire State Building and the Times Square Ball Drop. It was a sight to behold as we counted down to midnight with glasses of champagne and sparklers in tow.
It was a fantastic moment to see some of my favorite influencer friends like Rose Lazard, Allie Provost, Serena Goh, Rachel Martino, Tiffany M. Battle, and Nyja Richardson. We were all decked out in threads from Anthropologie of course! Shop our looks below.
This year is going to be a transformative year in my relationships and career. I took the time to really think about what I want to accomplish in the new year and beyond and how to create tangible habits and goals to achieve them. Below are a few of the ones I want to share publicly and ones I plan on touching base with you on throughout the year. I hope you get some ideas on intentional goal setting that has nothing to do with achieving a number on the scale. By 2023, I want to look back and see the personal and professional growth goals I set in motion this month come to fruition.
- Be intentional with my time and spend it wisely. I want to limit my unnecessary online scrolling and phone use and instead use that time to focus on my self-care, self-worth, family, and ambitions.
- I want to focus on my health and be accountable to myself. That means getting adequate sleep, drinking alcohol less frequently and increasing my water intake, incorporating juicing and healthy green vegetables to each meal and adding more protein instead of carbs, exercising each day, and turning that habit into one I look forward to doing every single morning.
- I want to laugh more throughout the day.
- Maintain a tranquil home that is free of clutter, mess, and chaos. Limit gifting opportunities.
- Have a closer relationship with God and strengthen my faith!
- Frequent travel where I get to spend more time with my partner.
- Triple my business income
- Strengthen my friendships
- Spend more time outdoors in nature and getting fresh air.
- Focus on investing in my retirement account so that I can have a nest egg and retire by 50.
- Move into a Brooklyn brownstone with lots of space for an office, family, and an entertaining room we can afford by December 2023 (whether renting or buying)
- Grow my Instagram audience to at least 100,000 by end of 2023; grow my Youtube audience to at least 25,000 by 2023 and my TikTok audience to at least 50,000 by the end of 2023 with consistent and meaningful content.
- Be unapologetic and ask for what I want and need
- Spend more time with mommy and the family
- Speak on at least 4 panels in 2023
- Read at least one book a month (both fiction and non-fiction work)
- At least two date nights each week with Thomas that includes cultural events
So what about you? Did you set any goals for the new year or are you over resolutions? I get it. We often set these lofty and impossible goals that also drop off after the first quarter of the year. This year, I challenge you to make your goals intentional and tangible. A few things you can work on in bits every single day to hit your benchmarks. It helps to write them down in a journal and revisit them at the end of each month to see if you’re making progress.