I cook dinner almost every night of the week because I truly enjoy coming up with recipes or remaking my favorite dishes. There are those times where cooking is the last thing on my mind because I am pre-occupied with something else. T usually comes home from work asking “whats for dinner.” I have a few go-to recipes quick recipes for those times when I am pressed for time. These 30-minute recipes are always packed with flavor, even if I don’t have time to marinade my meats or develop flavors like the ones in my bolognese or short rib stew recipes.
We have a large salad at least once a week because it’s such a fast and easy meal to make. I usually have the same players in the bowl, which include a green (arugula, romaine, kale, spinach), a cheese (blue, goat or feta), hearty fillers (blanched green beans, beans, broccoli, cauliflower), a crunch (pepitas, sunflower seeds or any nut – for T) and a protein (seared tuna, ribeye steak, grilled chicken). Our favorite savory salad is usually one topped with a grilled ribeye steak and topped with balsamic vinegar dressing, which we make from scratch.
If you follow my recipe, you’ll be done and ready to eat in 30 minutes. I start by seasoning the steak with salt and pepper, then the eggs and then chop the veggies, which take less than five minutes. While the eggs are cooking, I heat the cast iron skillet until its screaming hot on the stove or in the oven. I also make the dressing and set aside. Once the eggs are done, I use the same water to blanch the green beans for 1 minute and then transfer them to a bowl of cold water. Then we cook the steak for 10 minutes and let it rest.
30 Minute Ribeye Steak Salad Recipe
- 1lb Flat Iron steak
- 2 Romain lettuce heads
- 3-4 Eggs
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4oz goat cheese (or cheese of choice)
Vanilla Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Maille Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS for Ribeye Steak Salad Recipe
- Heat cast iron skillet on stove top or in oven at 425 degrees
- Season both sides of the ribeye with salt and pepper and set in fridge while prepping veggies
- Boil eggs in cold water until cooked through, then remove the eggs and blanch green beans for 1 minute. Transfer green beans to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Make vinaigrette by adding dijon mustard, garlic, balsamic vinegar, vanilla balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Emulsify by whisking vigorously.
- Add ribeye steak in cast iron skillet and cook on each side for 5 minutes.
- Assemble salad by placing all salad ingredients in large bowl or individual bowls, top with eggs, goat cheese and chopped steak. Drizzle with vanilla balsamic vinaigrette.
Click here to check out all my recipes.