The season’s Marc by Marc Jacobs collection represents a more sophisticated yet still youthful and edgy look. To show this contrast, Redken’s Creative Consultant Guido neatly put together the hair of Marc by Marc Jacobs NYFW models in two clean back braids pairing it with black headbands for a slightly messier look.
Redken’s Flex Shape Factor 22 Sculpting Cream-Paste and Pillow Proof Blowdry Two-Day Extender allowed for jagged partings to give that edgy feel.
“Ultimately, I created this schoolgirl hairstyle with the Marc girl in mind, in that I wanted the overall style to remain youthful, cool and a bit punk.”
Guido was able to pull off that cute yet rebellious look, showing girls that edgy can be paired with sophistication.
To create the look:
- Apply flex shape factor 22 sculpting cream-paste to damp hair from root to ends
- Rough dry the hair with fingers
- Create a messy center part down the center and divide hair into two sections
- Apply pillow proof blowdry two day extender from mid-lengths to ends for added texture
- Braid hair tightly on each side and fasten with an elastic
- Place black headband behind ears
- Pull some loose pieces around the face for an undone finish