“Waxer to the stars” Noemi Grupenmager, founder & CEO of Uni K Wax Centers, put together a few perfect pointers on getting smooth skin just in time for Labor Day weekend. No one knows smooth skin better the Noemi – She’s the woman who coined “The Brazilian Wax!” Celebrities like Beyonce and Cameron Diaz trust Uni K when they show off their skin, and Noemi has the secrets to help your readers look and feel just as fab.
1) Don’t get stuck with bumps or redness – Choose the right type of wax for your skin! One thing that many people don’t know is the difference between hard wax, strip wax and elastic wax, or that elastic wax even exists! Strip wax, which is the most popular wax used, makes for a tedious, slow and painful procedure, often leaving the skin feeling sticky. Hard waxes break and crack, making the wax difficult to remove. But elastic wax stretches to remove hair without strips causing less of a pull to the skin, meaning a more comfortable removal experience ideal for sensitive skin. Elastic wax is applied at body temperature, whereas hard wax, if too hot, can be uncomfortable and sometimes can even burn the skin. Uni K Wax Centers’ elastic wax is made out of all natural ingredients. Elastic wax not only removes hair from the root for long-lasting hair removal, it also exfoliates and softens leaving skin as smooth as silk. Perfect for getting your weekend glow on!
2) Labor Day weekend often means drinking alcohol, indulging in caffeine and basking in the sun. Enjoy it all, but be sure to get your wax before these festivities begin. Alcohol and stimulants like caffeine tighten pores making waxing more painful and less effective, and sunburns make skin too sensitive for proper hair removal. Avoid these no-nos 12-24 hours before getting waxed to ensure an effective, more relaxing experience. Instead, hydrate inside and out with water and moisturizers, which will maximize hair removal for a long lasting wax.
3) To get more beauty boosting benefits from your wax, look for an all-natural wax that can do more than just remove hair. For example, Uni K’s wax is made with hydrating essential oils, beeswax and a special pine tree resin which nourish and soften skin, and even exfoliate, all while smoothing your skin!
4) Waxing is one more reason to wear SPF. Using sun protection is always recommended when exposing your skin to the sun and it is especially important during the first 24 hours after waxing in order to avoid redness. Part of Uni K’s procedure when getting a facial wax is to finish the service by applying an SPF of at least 30 for added protection. Ask your waxer for this finishing touch.
5) There’s an easy trick to having smooth skin for your entire Labor Day getaway. Exfoliate 2-3 days before waxing, and book your service 1-2 days before leaving for your vacation. This will maximize your long lasting results. Because waxing removes the hair below the skin level, your smooth, supple skin can actually last from 3-6 weeks!