From an evolutionary standpoint, eyebrows are used for facial identification. And when it comes down to it…you don’t want to be identified as the girl with the jacked up eyebrows. From a beauty standpoint, a pair of well groomed brows are used to frame your eyes. And you wouldn’t want to put a beautiful photo in an ugly picture frame would you?
Sometimes we tend to spend more time on our brows than we need to. Malynda Vigliotti (aka BOOM BOOM) of NYC’s Boom Boom Brow Bar is a self proclaimed eyebrow queen. She is tired of seeing people’s eyebrow blunders trekking past her. From penciled in angry brows to unforgivable unibrows, BOOM BOOM is here to tell everyone about the five worst eyebrow mistakes.
1. Over Plucking – brows that are too thin, have gaps, are too short or start too far from the center of the nose. Put the tweezers down and see a professional.
2. Bleached Out Brows – don’t let the sun or haircolor bleach/lift brow color, brows disappear. Keep them bold by wearing sunscreen, tinting or filling in with brow powder.
3. Constant Picking – hair gets on different growth cycles and critical eyes tend to be obsessive and do damage to shape/density. Get a monthly shaping and be done with it.
4. Loosing the Arch – the best brows have a slight arch, if holding a brush parallel to the outside edge of the colored part of the eye (the iris), where the brush meets the brow is where the highest part of the arch should be. Loose it and it will take time to recover.
5. Using a Pencil – REALLY? Those days are over (thank god!), looks terrible – STOP!
Stop by and see BOOM BOOM so she can fix your mistakes!