Vampire Diaries actress Nina Dobrev wore a feminine Oscar de la Renta dress for the Golden Globes after party last night. To compliment the delicate dress, hair stylist Riawna Capri of Nine Zero One Salon created a bun updo with a twist, a French braid in the back. For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen me post the exact hair style over the summer that my friend created. It’s super easy if you know how to French braid upside down or better yet, grab a friend and have her do it for you. Capri gives us the step by step tutorial on how to achieve this look.
- U LUXURY Shampoo ($43),
- U LUXURY Conditioner ($47),
- UNITE 7SECONDS Conditioner ($26.25),
- UNITE 9-Row Denman Brush ($51.95),
- UNITE BEACH DAY ($29.95),
- UNITE GO365 Hairspray ($31) and
- UNITE SHINA-Mist ($26.25). Available at Unitehair.com
- In order to smooth Nina’s hair and add shine, her hair was prepped with U LUXURY Shampoo and Conditioner, which are infused with crushed pearl, Hawaiian white honey and Argan oil. Next, Riawna used UNITE 7SECONDS Conditioner to detangle condition and protect hair.
- Next, she blow-dried hair using the UNITE 9-Row Denman Brush to smooth the cuticle of her hair.
- Nina then flipped her head upside down while Riawna completed a classic braid from the nape to the crown of her head.
- All remaining hair was pulled up into a ponytail.
- UNITE BEACH DAY Spray was spritzed throughout the dry ponytail to add density to the hair.
- The hair was wrapped and pinned into a classic bun.
- The final look was held in place using UNITE GO365 Hairspray and polished off with UNITE SHINA-Mist.