A month ago, we reported that Karl Lagerfeld would be designing a limited edition makeup collection for Japanese brand Shu Uemura, whose eyeshadow colors he’s used for two decades to create his famous sketches. More information about the product line have just been released, including images and details. For starters, Lagerfeld has created a doll for the brand, called Mon Shu – a red eyed girl, dressed in a high white collar, a school girl skirt and a jet-black bob.
“It was not easy to make a limited choice with all the things they have and do,” explained the designer. “It all was supposed to go with the doll I designed for them, the mood, the spirit.”
The 17-piece collection, called Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura, features iconic brands from the beauty brand, including its cleansing oil – a Hollywood favorite – and the UV Under Base mousse. Also included are:
- An eyelash curler with a red silicon instead of black just for Lagerfeld
- Two eye-and-cheek palettes – a smokey green and a smoky purple – each containing six shades
- Dark Purple Gel Eye Liner
- Two pairs of false lashes
- Four lipsticks: Mon Shu Red, Luxe Burgundy, Celebrity Beige and Parisienne Pink
- Nail Polish Colors that come with nail stickers of Mon Shu: Karl Black, Shu Shu Red and Royal Beige
- Mini Brush Kit
- Makeup Box by Kyoto
The Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura makeup collection launches in October in the U.K., U.S. and Canada. Prices will range from $29.50 for lipstick, $84.65 for the eye-and-cheek palette to $368 for a makeup box.