Celeb hair stylist Mara Roszack styled Emma for last night’s Golden Globes and offered Glamazon Diaries some expert tips on achieving the sexy style with ease and three simple products from Matrix and Biolage, all under $15.
To complement The Help actress Emma Stone’s striking Lanvin gown, stylist wanted Emma’s hair to emulate that same edgy and effortless style. The stylist shied away from anything too romantic, and instead opting for a strong, yet feminine feel with a rougher texture.
Step by Step How-To:
- Starting with wet hair, apply MATRIX Total Results Amplify Foam Volumizer
- Rough dry hair to extenuate natural texture
- Use a 1” barrel curling iron to touch up natural wave
- Take a dab of MATRIX Total Results Curl Contouring Lotion to tame any extra frizz throughout the hair and give it a bit more definition
- Pull hair back loosely letting the front of the hair and pieces around the face fall out.
- Twist ends of hair and pull back to create a loose, messy chignon in the back, letting the front of the hair and pieces around the face fall out
- Once hair is back and pinned, begin dropping the hair into the messy bun shape, pinning and wrapping each piece individually
- To secure the style, used BIOLAGE Freeze Fix Hair Spray
- Pin with sparkly hair accessory
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR MAKEUP
Chanel make-up artist Rachel Goodwin helped the Revlon spokeswoman achieve her enchanting-edgy beauty look that consisted of a cool dramatic metallic eye and pretty pink eye using products from Revlon and CHANEL Beauté! Rachel skipped classic shades like black and gray in favor of pewter and gunmetal for a more modern take on the classic eye makeup look. Check out the tutorial below.
Rachel prepped Emma’s skin for the hundreds of flashing bulbs that lined the carpet with the REVLON PhotoReady Perfecting Primer before giving her a flawless finish with the REVLON PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in Nude. The apples of Emma’s cheeks glowed thanks to the CHANEL Powder Blush in Orchid Rose.
As for her intense eye, Rachel applied colors from the REVLON ColorStay 16H Eyeshadow Quad in Precocious and lined her peepers with CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Noir. She finished off the look with a few swipes of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir.
Rachel enhanced Emma’s natural lip color by applying REVLON ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop.
Get a classic clean finish to your nails like Emma by trying REVLON ColorStay Nail Enamel in Calla Lily!