There are no words to describe this Oscar de la Renta Strapless Mermaid gown. From the sculptural bust to the dramatic mermaid train, the dress belongs in my closet for a night at the opera followed by a high rolling charity event in Manhattan. I can never say no to a well placed bow, this one is at the base of the Strapless Mermaid Gown and I am loving. Of course the gown retails at Bergdorf Goodman for $5,999, which means it makes my list of objects to desire. I know someone will be rocking this on the red carpet during awards season, perhaps Sofia Vergara or Nicole Kidman.
Here is the description from Bergdorf Goodman of this lavish dress:
Conveying a sense of sweeping movement with feminine finesse, this Oscar de la Renta gown impresses with an instinctively chic fit-and-flare mermaid silhouette and floor-grazing train. Style with a metallic minaudiere and your favorite Oscar de la Renta tassel earrings for a timely feel.
- Flamingo taffeta.
- Sculptural, bias-pleated bust shapes strapless sweetheart neckline.
- Bias seams shape fitted silhouette through bodice, hip, and thigh.
- Mermaid skirt flares to A-line at knee.
- Back bow gathers floor-grazing train.
- Hidden back zip.
- Made in USA of Italian material.