We’ve been coveting Joely Richardson’s wavy coiff and no-makeup look she wore to the red carpet of the premiere of her new movie Anonymous. We asked celebrity hairstylist Andi Scarbrough of Byu-Ti Salon/LA and makeup artist Stacey Ellis to give us a step-by-step guide to creating her look at home.
Tools you will need:
- 1″ curing iron
- soft bristle brush
- sectioning clips
- 1 bobby pin
- shine pomade or ultra light gel
- glossing mist
1. Start with dry hair. Spray entire head with A flexible hold hairspray like Pureology’s InCharge.
2. Brush through with a soft bristle brush, and put in a dramatic side part. TIP: Find your perfect side part by starting at the arch of your eyebrow and follow it up into your hairline.
3. Section half the hair (from top of ear up) and pin it our of the way. Give the bottom section another mist with hairspray.
4. Take 1″ sections and pinch the bottom of the strand in your fingers, hold the iron vertically and wrap hair around the curling iron like a candy cane. Drop the curl and do not touch it.
5. Finish the nape area and drop the next section down, prepping it again with hairspray. Staring on the side with less hair, curl hair in the same method, wrapping it way from the face.
6. When you get to the front/fringe area, take that top piece and wrap it around the iron, holding the iron horizontally and start with hair on top of the iron, wrapping it over and under and then to the candy-cane shape. Mist again with hairspray and allow all curls to cool completely (5-10 mins). Then, using your soft bristle brush, gently brush through the curls to transform them into soft waves.
7. Use a pliable, light hold gel or pomade like Pureology Nano ShineLux and apply to part and hairline for a sleek, frizz free finish.
8. Use the soft bristle brush to smooth the side with less hair and tuck it behind your ear and secure with a pin if needed.
9. Finish with an ultra fine shine mist like the Pureology’s new Radiance Amplifier, to keep those silky waves glistening all night long!
- Diorskin Sculpt Foundation can be a applied with a brush or sponge. Set this with Dior Poudre Libre Powder on a large brush.
- Apply Diorblush cheek color, Peechy Keen, for a soft glow.
- Using Dior 3 Color Smoky Khaki Palette, apply the gold color across the eye lid and to the inside corner.
- Apply the flatter brown shade across the lid from the outside corner into the middle.
- Blend the metallic brown into the crease of the eye and lightly under the eye from the outside corner.
- Run a solid line of black Diorliner across the top lash line and a fine line on the bottom lash line.
- Make your blue eyes pop with two coats of Diorshow Black Out Mascara.
LIPS: Add a hint of color a lot of shine to the lips with Dior Addict Lip Polish color, Radiance.