Desperate Housewives starlet Eva Longoria co-hosted the Glamour magazine Reel Moments event with fellow actresses Olivia Wilde and Zoe Saldana earlier this week. Ms. Longoria looked sophisticated in a blue Victoria Beckham wool-crepe shift dress, cinched at the waist with a black ribbon belt, black Brian Atwood pumps and Damiani earrings.
We asked Los Angeles celebrity hair stylist Natasha Sunshine of Byu-Ti Salon to give us step-by-step directions on how to get Eva’s chic up-do. This style would be great for day or night. Natasha also told us that the hair style is also the perfect do for the second day after getting a blowout.
Then celebrity makeup artist Stacey Ellis, also of Byu-Ti Salon, walked us through how to re-create Eva’s smokey eye.
- Start with dry, blown straight hair.
- Take a U shaped section on the top crown portion of the head.
- Mist entire section with a light hairspray like, Pureology’s Strengthening Control Hairspray.
- Starting at the back of your U shaped section, begin lacing (or teasing) hair gently using a boar bristle flat brush like a Mason Pearson until you reach the front hairline. Mist laced section again with Strengthening Control.
- Sweep the rest of the hair back into a high ponytail leaving top section out. Use a lot of tension to get a smooth, tight finish. Fasten with Goody Ouchless Elastics.
- Gently smooth over laced hair creating a voluminous shape. Use the ends of the crown section to wrap around your elastic. If your hair is too short on top for this take a piece of the ponytail from the underside and wrap this around the elastic. Secure with a bobby pin pushed through the center of the pony.
- Give a final mist of hairspray
- Create this glowing look using MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in your perfect shade, applied with a foundation brush, finger or sponge.
- Color the cheeks with MAC Cremeblend Blush in Posey, blending with your finger or a sponge.
- Keep the lips glossy with MAC Tinted Lip Glass in Lychee Luxe.
- To keep the focus on the eyes, highlight under the brow line and inside corner of the eye with MAC Eye shadow in White frost. Brush the color Mythical across the lid, blending up just past the crease.
- Line the entire eye with MAC Fluidline Gel Eye Liner
- MAC 34 Lash will give you dramatically long lashes. Using the Duo Eyelash Glue run a fine line along the base of the lash wait a few seconds before pressing the false lashes to the root of your lash line. Complete the look with False Lashes Mascara on the bottom lashes.