We asked Washington, DC socialite and entrepreneur Katherine Kennedy, who racked up as much frequent flyer miles as Daphne Guinness and Tinsley Mortimer ,to give us the lowdown on her must have items for looking chic on long flights. Katherine, who stared in the MTV International reality series Blonde Charity Mafia, dished about some of her favorite products and can’t live without items while jet setting around the globe.
1. Stilla Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15: It’s the perfect pick me up when getting off the plane.
2. Bric Luggage: I have collections in both eggplant and hot pink. They are never confused with anyone else’s at baggage claim
3. Alchimie Forever Kantic Mask: I’ve been known to use it while on long international flights.
4. Cinderollies Foldable Ballet Flats: They fold up in my carry on and are great to walk around the plane in. They are comfy even if your feet swell from the altitude.
5. An oversize cashmere and wool blend wrap by Portolano doubles as a blanket.
6. Arbonne Lip Saver SPF 30 chapstick: It’s the best chapstick I’ve found. It’s very moisturizing on a dry flight.
7. Crest 5 minute White Strips: Freshens breath and makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something while stuck on a flight.
8. iPad: Currently watching Damages Season 3 and playing Words with Friends)
9. Bose Noise Canceling Headphone for my iPad.
10. I always travel in the TranquiliT Black Bamboo Jumpsuit. It is eco-friendly and super comfy and elegant when you get off the plane; also perfect for all climates.
11. Patience: the most important thing to bring when traveling!!