I have an affinity for the color red. Red shoes, red bags, red lipstick and most importantly the red dress. Red is the power color that looks good on most people. It's a shame that many women are scared to wear this color in fear of being labeled a tramp. I came across a red strapless gown by Brian Reyes that stopped me dead in my tracks. The sculpted silk maxi dress is a modern take on the Pretty Woman dress. The corset-style cup, asymmetrical flounce hem and tonal piping at the seams are sexy but sophisticated at the same time. The Brian Reyes Corset Strapless Gown is for the twenty-something or thirty-something woman who wants to have fun turning heads at a gala or evening affair.
You need confidence to wear such a statement making dress. When wearing a dress like this you have to be mindful of a few things:
- Less is more so keep accessories to a minimum. Chandelier earrings or a statement necklace, not both.
- Red goes with both gold and silver. Make sure you choose the tone that works best with your complexion.
- Keep the hair pulled back in a chic updo or go Cali girl chic with a low ponytail. Opting for voluminous curls or waves will be total overkill.
- Your makeup should compliment the dress. Go for nude lips with a smoky eye or neutral eyes with a bit of shimmer and a berry lip.
- Shapewear is your best friend so embrace it. A strapless toning slip or DKNY smoothies will be the key to smoothing those problem areas.