Heading to the Kentucky Derby, Foxfield Races or Virginia Gold Cup this spring? Here are a selection of hats I found online in all price points. Thanks to all you darling readers for emailing me about your hat shopping conundrums.
A few tips:
- Yes you can wear a fascinator instead of a hat for the derby.
- Yes you can wear flats instead of heels. Remember you are most likely going to be on your feet all day so comfort is key.
- No you don’t have to wear florals or prints. You can wear a neutral outfit and go crazy with your hat or vice versa.
- You can carry a clutch but remember to bring a cute tote bag or straw bag to carry emergency kit, i.e tampons, extra panties, makeup and brushes, booze, water, deodorant, hair brush, baby wipes and pain meds.
- It is most likely going to be hot outside so keep your makeup light.
- Bold lipstick can add some drama to your hat if you opt for lighter eye makeup.