I am a huge fan of simple dishes that look like it took hours to make so when it comes to wowing friends or loved ones, I have a few go to recipes that take less than an hour to make. One of my favorite dishes to order at a restaurant is a breakfast quiche. This eggy, savoy French dish is so simple to make that shelling out $5 or more for a sliver at a restaurant sometimes hurts.
If you have an hour to spare, give my quick and easy breakfast quiche a try. Even the worst baker can master this recipe in a few small steps. What I love most about this recipe is that you can toss your favorite ingredients in there to make it your own. Love ham and spinach? Toss them in there. If you don’t have a pie dish to bake your quiche, try a cast iron skillet or an oven safe skillet. I use my Lodge Cast Iron skillet for a lot of my baking and cooking.
Mak’s Quick & Easy Quiche
Quick and easy breakfast quiche recipe to wow at brunch.
1 Cup of Flour
1/2 tsp salt (pinch)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup iced water
4 strips of bacon, cooked, cooled and broken into bits (can use store bought bacon bits)
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped shallots (can substitute with onions if shallots not available)
2/3 cup shredded Gruyere (can do Swiss Cheese)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup half and half
- – Preheat oven to 400F
- – In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt with fork
- – In a second bowl whisk together oil and water to form a thick mix
- – Gently pour flour into the olive oil/water mix and stir with folk to thicken. Gently kneed with hands to form dough.
- – Press dough into a 9″ pie crust or a small cast iron skillet and set aside. With a form gently press the edges of the dough with a fork to create a cute crust design
- – In another bowl, beat eggs and add bacon, onions, shallots, cheeses and half and half
- – Fill dough lined cast iron with quiche mix and bake for 15 minutes
- – Reduce heat to 350F and bake additional 30 – 35 minutes or until top of quiche is golden brown
- – Remove quiche and let sit for 5 minutes
- – Serve with a side salad or by itself!
- Bon Appetit!!!