Inspired by her high neck Giambatista Valli Dress, Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler gave actress Amber Heard a magnificent, deconstructed yet extravagantly-chic updo for tonight’s Met GALA in New York City—a fitting nod to this year’s theme of lavish White Tie and Decorations, a tribute to Charles James, 20th-century couturier.
- To begin styling, Butler first spritzed John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to Amber’s clean, damp hair, focusing on the roots.
- Then he applied a generous amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse before blow-drying upward with a thick, round brush for extra lift.
- Using a 1-inch curling iron, Butler curled Amber’s hair away from her face.
- Next, Butler pulled Amber’s hair into three knots at the back of her head, anchoring the knots with straight hairpins and pulling the front section up in a “broken pompadour.”
- To create the knots, Butler made two small ponytails with the hair he pulled back and wrapped the hair around the base of the elastic, sprayingJohn Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray throughout for firm hold before and after adding in the straight pins.
- To finish off the look, Butler curled small tendrils of hair off to one side of Amber’s face, further enhancing this deconstructed yet glamorous up do.