Fashion’s biggest night is looming around the corner and on September 6th, Fashion’s Night Out will bring out hundreds of thousands of fashionistas and shoppers in 500 cities to spend money to invigorate the fashion industry. Though some might argue that the purpose of Fashion’s Night Out has been lost over the past four years, New Yorkers will be taking the time to shop after dark, drink cocktails and champagne, all in hopes of spotting celebrities.
For FNO 2012, new t-shirt designs have been created with proceeds benefiting New York City AIDS Fund in the NY Community Trust. The shirts usually retail for under $40 and are sold at fashionsnightout.com, as well as other online retailers like Gilt Groupe.
So what will you be doing on Fashion’s Night Out in New York City? WWD has a list of some of the most notable events worth checking out.
- Kim Kardashian will be at Lord & Taylor to meet fans who purchased her True Reflection fragrance. She will be joined at the store by several designers and personalities of note, including Max, Lubov and Joyce Azria, Jill Zarin, and Kristi Yamaguchi.
- Scott Disick will be serving as a host for the Guilty Pleasure Lounge at Macy’s Men’s Lounge. The department store will also mark the opening of its new shoe floor with a special fashion trivia game there hosted by Michael Kors, and Tommy Hilfiger and actress Britt Robinson will also be at the Herald Square location for a Tommy Girl fashion presentation.
- Saks Fifth Avenue will have its share of designer appearances, including Oscar de la Renta for the launch of his new fragrance Essential Luxuries. Rebecca Minkoff will be on hand for a performance by Juliette Lewis of The Voice; Erin Fetherston will partner with hairstylist Edward Tricomi, who is going to offer to cut shoppers’ bangs in the designer’s trademark style, and Kimberly Ovitz is teaming up with Rihanna’s tattoo artist Josh Lord of East Side Ink on custom designs.
- Henri Bendel will bring a Las Vegas flavor to its store with a casino night, a performance by Cirque Du Soleil’s Zumanity and custom Swarovski FNO T-shirts and phone cases for sale.
- Bergdorf Goodman will use the night to kick off its 111th anniversary celebration with designers such as Lela Rose, Michael Bastian, Naeem Khan, Rachel Zoe, Thakoon and a book signing with Sara James Mnookin, who authored “Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman.”
- Bloomingdale’s will include appearances by Matchbox 20, Kelly Rutherford for Magaschoni, and Real Housewife of New York and Yummie Tummy founder Heather Thomson, as well as a BMW motorcycle stunt driver expected to be positioned on the Third Avenue side of the New York flagship.
- Patricia Lansing, Jessica Seinfeld and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff will be at CH Carolina Herrera for a CH Kids’ party benefiting Baby Buggy.
- Azealia Banks will perform at MAC Cosmetics.
- Solange Knowles will be the special guest DJ at Diane von Furstenberg.