Happy Birthday Bergdorf Goodman! The iconic department store celebrates its 111th birthday this September with fanfare and fashion starting on September 4th. You might be wondering why Bergdorf’s didn’t celebrate its centennial, since traditionally it’s more of a milestone. Always being on the forefront of luxury and prestige, the true motivation behind the pomp and circumstance of 111 is that there is only 1 store, in one city and one luxury shopping experience.
Designers are joining in on the monumental party with special edition items exclusively for Bergdorf Goodman. From umbrellas to Prada key chains, Charlotte Olympia shoes and dresses from Naeem Khan, Akris and Alexander McQueen. The luxury anniversary items run the gamut from clothing to accessories. There are other in store surprises the Bergdorfs has been working on for the upcoming anniversary.
- Valentino and The Row will open their first shop-in-shops in the US.
- Bergdorfs 5F will get a new shoe department.
- Christian Dior beauty shop will open on the beauty level.
- Little BG children’s department will be expanded with the addition of a candy shop.
- A large installation of bamboo and orchids by the Belgian artist and floral designer Daniel Ost will be erected on the main floor.
- Across Fifth Avenue, at the Bergdorf’s men’s store, there will be a new shoe library that triples the space for the category, a new advanced designer section, and a renovated Loro Piana shop.
Michael Kors, who got discovered by Bergdorf Goodman fashion director Dawn Mello in 1981, will update his very first collection for the anniversary party. That is huge! If you’ve ever wanted to own a piece of Kors history, now is your chance to get your hands on an updated copy of his very first designs.
Giorgio Armani has recreated the pinstriped suit worn by Richard Gere in American Gigolo. The commemorative book “Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman” will also add color to your bookshelf. So come September, wish Bergdorf Goodman in your very own way with a visit or let your fingers do the congratulating with a bout of online shopping.